CBD Rogan Josh
CBD Rogan josh, also written roghan josh or roghan ghosht, is a delicious, aromatic dish of Persian or Kashmiri origin. Perfect with Lamb, beef, chicken or vegetables such as cauliflower. Enjoy our version of this indian staple Rogan Josh, cooked to perfection in a spicy tick tomato sauce with onions and garlic. The lamb is tender and will be cooked to perfection.
- 75g natural yoghurt
- 2-3 tbls Rogan Bella’s Grace Blend
- 550g lamb, beef or chicken fillets (skinless) or vegetables
- 300g onions, finely chopped
- 1½ tbls tomato purée
- 1ts Salt
- 25g butter
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 green cardamom pods, split open at the top
- 5cm cinnamon stick, broken in half or 1ts ground cinnamon
- 350ml (approx) boiling water
- Mix the yoghurt with the 2-3 spoons of Rogan Josh Spice Blend, depending on your taste, the more you add the spicier the dish will be.
- Cut the lamb, beef or chicken or vegetables into cubes. Put them into a nonstick saucepan with the onions, place the pan over a medium heat, stirring until evrything begins to sizzle.
- Add the yoghurt and spice mixture, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lamb has released all its natural juices.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has reduced to a paste like consistency.
- Add the tomato purée, some salt and 15 g of the butter to the lamb. Reduce the heat to low again and cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Now add about 350 ml of boiling water, cover and simmer for approx 15 minutes.
- In a small pan, melt the remaining butter over a low heat, add the bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, allow them to sizzle for 35-40 seconds.
- Mix into the meat, cover and cook for a further 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in some chopped mint and coriander.
- Serve with rice, naan bread or both.
About Bella’s Grace Fresh CBD Spice, Spice Blends, Dried Herbs Chillies, Salts & Peppers
- Our concept is simple, our spice and blends are freshly ground and mixed by hand in small batches, meaning that you only ever get to experience fresh flavours at their very best, the difference it makes to your food is amazing.
At Bellas’s Grace we work with the very best spice merchants where an extensive range of spice blends and seasonings to suit all tastes and dietary requirements are available. Teamed with SpicyJoes who import & Source only the very best, freshest, healthiest spice and herbs
It’s not all about making the spiciest blends, the word spicy should not be taken as just meaning “hot”. Its all about adding amazing flavours to your food.
Whether you want to make restaurant quality curries, wake up a simple salad or put some attitude in your stew, our flavours are designed with everyone in mind.
No additives,colourings or preservatives in our products just 100% pure fresh spice, herbs, salts & peppers.
Our blends are gluten and wheat free and all are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- To order your CBD spice blend pack click here.